On November 7, Mobile Monday Toronto hosted a panel discussion in m-commerce in Canada. The panelists were:
- Simon Law – CTO, Admeris
- Derek Colfer – Business Leader, Visa
- Sanjay Dhawan – Independent Consultant and head of Corporate Development, Mobiroo
- Gary Schwartz – CEO, Impact Mobile
The panel was moderated by Christie Christelis, President of Technology Strategies International (and author of this blog).
Key questions addressed by panelists included:
- What excites you about this space now and in the future?
- There is a lot of hype about NFC in the marketplace. How important is NFC in developing to m-commerce business in Canada, and what is the role of cloud-based wallets?
- To what extent will the consumer experience determine how the market will develop (for example, converging online and offline purchasing behaviour, and how to leverage rich and engaging interactions with consumers across global markets)?
- What are the barriers to adoption of mobile commerce in Canada? What is the value proposition for merchants? And for consumers?
- How do we address the issue of security?
- Globally, there are numerous emergent m-commerce ecosystems, e.g. the environments in Canada, the US, Europe, and the Far East are all different. How are these divergent developments likely to influence the direction that Canada takes?
- What can be done to accelerate adoption in Canada, and how can players in the market work together to achieve this?
The complete video of the panel discussion can be found here: http://vimeo.com/31846152 (video - 1 hour 25 mins).